Sunday, August 3, 2014

Work Experience



Tee Up Golf is Bali's only Golf Simulator venue where you can virtually play the most famous courses around the world. These courses are basically projected onto a screen, allowing you to play golf indoors and providing a solution to playing in the hot sweaty weather and or the perilous stormy rains that regularly come along in Bali.  It’s located at JL. Raya Anyar, Kerobokan, South Bali. I was excited and interested to find a job that ties in with my passion for golf but didn’t really know what to expect.

After completing my placement, I aimed to be more confident, able to lead a group efficiently, be more decisive and most of all get a grasp on the responsibilities of having to work for someone in the real world. My future work opportunities would obviously have to be something to do with golf, as it is my passion and a sport I’ll be playing for the rest of my life as long as I can afford it.

I was given a couple tasks each day, mainly designing the Nirwana project, monitoring the computer, helping customers and instructing. I was most nervous with instructing. However, each session was very successful as all customers and my employer, which was kind of funny managed to hit the ball much straighter, further and better with the help of my golfing knowledge. I really enjoy challenges and also hate them at the same time. Examples of challenges I normally dislike requires a good level of confidence and being able to handle pressure. During my experience, all employees were on Ramadhan holidays thus leaving only my employer and I to get some work done. However my employer slightly lacked in time management and organization skills but was strong in the skills I wanted to learn including confidence. Therefore I was influenced by him while he also was influenced by me.

During my placement at Tee Up Golf I have achieved quite a lot, especially confidence, which I still kind of lack in. I have accomplished this goal by performing tasks that require this key life skill. Examples include instructing, helping customers and replying to questions quickly and efficiently.  However, I am still willing to further improve on these weaknesses in the future.

In the end, I felt pretty good about choosing this placement as it requires skills that I do find challenging (weaknesses) and dislike such as confidence. For a while now, my dream career idea has been to become a PGA golfer. As determined as I am, if I do not achieve that dream, I would probably choose a job that has something to do with golf or possibly graphic design/photography. Anyway, the goals and ideas I have stated previously have already been on my mind for the past couple years but has become more thorough after this work placement. Overall it was a great experience and I had some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment