Wednesday, August 20, 2014

5 Songs That Paint My Life

The Following songs aren't my top favorite tunes, however they do have some meaning in my life. Some I listen to regularly (On Top Of The World, You Shook Me All Night Long) and others I listen to rarely (Hall Of Fame, Summer Of 69, Me And My Monkey). The reason why they are here is because they all bring back some really cool memories that have happened in my life which will be further explained in the paragraphs ahead.


On Top Of The World – Imagine Dragons

This song is significant to me as it constantly reminds me of all the good times I’ve had in my life. Whether it’s playing good golf, going to the beach with my family, having a great laugh with close friends and or family, awesome holidays and many more. It seems to refresh my memory of how lucky I am and remind me of how precious those good times are and that’s what life is about.






 Hall Of Fame – The Script

 As a golfer, this song is significant to me because  it gives hope, determination, courage, confidence  and self-belief that I will achieve my dream of  becoming a legendary golfer one day. I stumbled  across it during a Gale dinner up on stage holding  my trophy award after winning my first ever  tournament outside of Bali. My mind instantly  thinks of speeches I should say in my future  victories to come when I grow older and join the  PGA tour.



Summer Of 69 – Bryan Adams

This song is significant to me as it reminds me of all the great and adventurous memories with my closest friends and my family in Borneo. Over there, I used to cycle everyday with one of my best friends for the whole afternoon after school. We’d race each other, pretending to be Moto GP rivals, crashing and burning. We also had to make hiking courses through the vast jungle as a fundraiser for the school every month. Having hardly any technology, traffic, buildings, malls and social media, it felt like I was living in another era compared to my lifestyle nowadays, and this song reminds me of my previous ways if living.


You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC

 This song brings back a really awesome memory  of when we met the 10x Moto GP world  Champion Valentino Rossi. This particular song  was being played in the Hard Rock CafĂ© Malaysia  at the time. He didn’t want to accept any requests  of taking pictures with any of his fans until he  lifted his head and saw us 5. We were all in our  Rossi shirts and finally took a couple pictures with  him after 5 years of trying. He seemed more  excited than us.  He then signed Our I-pad casing  and shook all our hands while I walked away. He  suddenly turned me around and shook my hand as  well. It was just a legendary moment I’ll never  forget. We go to the Sepang GP every year and  take over 100 photos everyday with several strangers using our shirts. It’s an awesome but a peculiar feeling and now we are widely referred as “The Rossi Family” every time we go to the race.



Me and My Monkey – Robbie Williams


This is a song my dad keeps requesting in a somewhat gentlemen’s bar we frequently go to called “Red Carpet”.  It’s located in Bali, and when it plays, the whole bar sings along. It’s just a pretty cool tune and every time I hear it, it reminds me of that particular bar. Every new year, my family and I would celebrate at the bar after letting off almost 800 dollars wort
h of fireworks, entertaining our neighbors and others who live in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment